Include "Discounts Allowed" as Filter

EricRileyEricRiley Member Posts: 21

We have a substantial body of item records in our database and it would be extremely helpful to have way to search by items that have "discounts allowed" checked or unchecked as a filter option and visible as a YES/NO option in the basic item record export.

Tags:

5 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @EricRiley

Thanks for the feature request! I've noted it down in the list of requests!

In the meantime, you could always perform an import to update the items in bulk!

To do this, search for the category of items you wish to see, perform an export.

From there, open the file, keep the system ID code, the description and add a Discountable column. Set each item to Yes or No.

Finally, delete the item description column and export as a CSV file. Import into retail and the changes should update up to 10k items at a time!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• bikehoundsbikehounds Member Posts: 14

According to the changelog there has not been an API update since 2018. Is this true and is API development on pause? I'm trying to manage my expectations on changes I see in threads here actually being implemented. Thanks!

• EricRileyEricRiley Member Posts: 21

Hello Vanessa,

Unfortunately this answer does not help me. I need to a field that I can toggle to FIND the items that have "Discounts Allowed" unchecked. There is currently no feature in Lightspeed to does this, and I don't want to do a global item update to change every item to allow or disallow discounts. We apply this to items across categories based on margin, availability, and other non-descriptive factors. There just isn't an easy search method to apply to find these items.

Hey @EricRiley ,

I totally hear you! This is why I've inputted your request in our enhancement list suggestions.

Enjoy your weekend!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Hey @bikehounds ,

Yes, the change logs have not been updated in this time, however we have not stopped releasing updates.

Hope this clarifies things.

———

All the best!

Vanessa