Backorder Report Request

CarolsNicetysCarolsNicetys Member Posts: 2

Hello, I have over 9,000 SKUs in Retail, of which over 6,000 go to Ecom. I need to have a report showing what is on back order. If I send a Purchase Order, receive some product on it, shouldn't I be able to run a report showing what is still coming my way? A Back Order Report?

Please don't suggest setting re-order points. That is an unrealistic suggestion because A) I have so many SKUs and B) depending on the time of year, certain products sell more than others (items aren't 100% strong due to trends as well as season).

Can someone help me?

4 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @CarolsNicetys,

There is a report that can help you native to retail! If you go into the inventory received report under the "inventory Reports" section on the right,

There is a breakdown of what has been recevieved and what is remaining on the PO to be received!

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• CarolsNicetysCarolsNicetys Member Posts: 2

Hello, Thank you for your comments, but the column 'Remaining' is what is remaining (currently) in inventory. It isn't what was NOT received, and it still expected to come in the future.

I am looking to have a report, by Vendor, saying items A, D, F, & M were not received and are still expected. Do you know what I mean?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @CarolsNicetys ,

Thanks for pointing that out! I do know what you mean, I believe my test had equal numbers of recieved and leftover items, so it corrupted the test and gave me a false-positive.

I know that this is possible while using Lightspeed Analytics, which is why I'll note your feedback so we can potentially include it into the basic retail setup, however, it is available to customers as of today with this software.

Should you require doing this in Analytics, here are the steps to follow:

Use the On Order report and make some quick modifications to display what you need.

Make sure to include the following filters:

Archived

Complete

On Order

& the following dimensions :

Order ID

Vendor

Item Description

Original Order Quantity

Total received Quantity

This is what it will look like as of that moment. Notice that the quantity on Order is available and the amount received, but it does not calculate what is leftover on the PO and a manual calculation is required, at this time.

Of course, if you don't want to manually calculate the need of the two together, you could creat a Custom Table calculation so the report automatically provides the the Original Order Quantity - Total Received Quantity

To do this, you'll need to go into the report builder tool (on the left), click on the NEW button under Custom Fields and click on Table Calculation.

This window will open and ask you what you wish to add as a customzied calculation, start by providing it a name (I've called it Backorder). In it you can search for the On Order quantity - Quantity received column.

Once you hit Save, a new column will be added with the name you gave it and it will provide you with the breakdown you were looking for!

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• janzenbrothersjanzenbrothers Member Posts: 3

This report is absolutely essential at this time. We have more back-orders than ever before, because of manufacturing and shipping delays, and as a result are forecasting new orders up to 18 months in advance. Without being able to see what is already on order, we are have to go into each existing PO or product to see the quantity that we have on order. Please include this in Retail. Thanks!