Shipping Costs in Purchase Orders

chopwoodchopwood Member Posts: 2

What is the purpose of the Shipping Cost field if it can not be reported upon? This has been an issue ever since we have been on Lightspeed. We really need to have a way to run a report on inbound freight / shipping .. OR have the shipping cost be added to the COG's. What is the purpose of the field if it can't be used for accounting purposes? Can this please be a priority feature as it would help all.

5 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @chopwood ,

Thank you for the feedback! Currently, the Shipping and Other(+/-) costs cannot be found in reports in retail. They only appear on the PO Ordered Totals under Costs or in the PO total at the top of the Purchase Order.

I'll note it in the enhancement requests list made by customers!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• chopwoodchopwood Member Posts: 2

Yes and it doesn't really make sense to have the field that doesn't get added to the COG's - freight is a factor in COGS and/or an other expense in accounting. Even thought it shows as a 'total' this does not currently get factored into the over all COG's / Profit Margin in lightspeed and it should. Sometimes freight significant in the cost and can change the margins enough to matter. I've made this request a number of times and hopefully we can get this to work out. Right now we have to track it separately to be updated on the accounting side.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @chopwood,

Thank you so much for going into details!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• JmichaelJmichael Member Posts: 1

I completely agree with this!

• LeisureTimeLeisureTime Member Posts: 1

I agree, Freight plays a major amount in regards to margin. There's a place to put Freight and Discounts, it needs to calculate in to the cost of goods. Or at least give the option for it to calculate.