Register Opened Report

HomeportHomeport Member Posts: 3
edited March 2 in Reporting & Analytics

It would be extremely helpful to be able to see a report of when the "Open Drawer" Button has been pushed on any given day for payout, or add-ins. Theoretically one could open the cash drawer with no audit trail of when/or why or by who, which seems like a huge security vulnerability. Alternatively the "Open Drawer" button could be removed and the drawer open action could take place at the "print receipt" portion of the Payout/Add-In transaction. That way the register could not be opened, without logging employee, date and time, as it does for all other transactions.

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @Homeport ,

There is a report called Adds/Payouts under the Registers section which will include the following column headers:

Register, Date, Type (Add or Payout), Amount, Employee logged in at the time of the add/payout and the description (for the note field)

Let me know if there was something that was missing here!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• HomeportHomeport Member Posts: 3

That seems to log the transaction only if they actually hit the "withdraw" button, but you can open the register, and then click "cancel", in which case no transaction is recorded.

For instance I opened the register a bunch of times between 10:14 and 10:19 to test whether a record was kept, however only the times that were recorded were when clicked the withdraw button to finish the transaction.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @Homeport .

Thanks for bringing it up! I'll note it in the enhancement requests for our event logs to include.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)