Change location of a purchase order

donnavbdonnavb Member Posts: 8

After you create and receive a purchase order Lightspeed allows you the option of using the dropdown box to change the location. Although it gives you this option, it doesn't actually do it so it just displays erroneous information. If you received an order to location A, then come back and change it to location B and save it, the location of the goods is still location A. If you go back to look at it it will show location B, but that is not were it was originally received and it did not change it when you changed the location.

3 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator

Hey @donnavb ,

Should you accidentally receive the items in the incorrect store location, the drop-down menu will not modify where the items were originally received, so you're correct in saying that it will show the incorrect store by mistake.

If you want to fix where the items were recieved after they were added to the inventory, you'd need to perform a transfer, then change the location drop-down so it reflects where the items were moved to.

--

On a separate note, you can use the drop-down menu to receive items in multiple shops at once. (which is the original reason as to why this option is present)

Ex.

Here is the test product called AH NANAH and the QOH for Shop 1 and 2 is 0, as you can see.

From there I've opened a new PO for Shop 1, added the item in and set the amount to be received to 11, then set the PO to the Check-in Status for receiving.

I start by receiving 5 to Shop 1 and adding those to inventory:

Then, confirmed that the item was successfully added to Shop 1 before returning to my PO.

I then modified the store location using the location drop-down:

Finally, I've received the remaining 6 items to Shop 2 and confirmed with the Inventory tab of that item that it was added successfully.

Hope this clarifies this particular function!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• donnavbdonnavb Member Posts: 8

Thanks Vanessa. We just thought we had found a short cut to transferring if an invoice was received to the wrong location. The use you explained makes sense, although I still think it is very misleading.

What we really need is to be able to upload a transfer from a spreadsheet. This would be so helpful for many situations.

Anyway, Thank you.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator

Hey @donnavb ,

I'll note it in our list of enhancement requests! Thank you for taking the time!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)