Customize Contact Form?

rgismergisme Member Posts: 17

Nope - because why would anyone in eCommerce need to customize the fields of a contact form, place it in more than one location on their website, or want their customers to not have to navigate away from the page they are currently looking at in order to send a message?

Bravo LS. Bravo.

4 comments

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 61 moderator

Hello @rgisme ,

Unfortunately, the basic contact form in eCom cannot be modified.

What you could do is use the Contact Form App, instead of the contact form provided by the platform. That application will let you to create a customized contact form.

You can disable the platform's contact form under Settings > Advanced.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email or call Lightspeed support.

Geanny

• rgismergisme Member Posts: 17

Am I seeing this right? I have to pay for an add-on in order to implement changes to a contact form on my eCommerce website?

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 61 moderator

Hi @rgisme ,

The /service page is a general page with your shop's information that allows your visitors to contact you.

If you are in need of a more advanced contact form this will need to be created either with custom code or by using a third-party app.

I suggest that you look into setting up a chat app with offline messaging capabilities if you do not wish to build your own form. These are two examples Zendesk Chat or Drift.com.

Geanny

• rgismergisme Member Posts: 17

That's ridiculous.