LIGHTSPEED-QUICKBOOKS - DATA SYNCHRONIZATION

TimJRTimJR Member Posts: 7
edited March 3 in Apps & Integrations

Hello everyone,

I am using Lightspeed Retail POS since October 2020. I connected Lightspeed Accounting to QuickBooks today.

My questions is: Can I ask either Lightspeed or QuickBooks to synchronize my data going back to when I first started using Lightspeed in October 2020?

Kind rgds

Tim

4 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @TimJR ,

Absolutely!

I've seen that you had submitted an email regarding this today internally, I'll respond to you there!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Off_Main_GiftsOff_Main_Gifts Member Posts: 2

Vanessa, Can you comment here as well because I have the same question.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @Off_Main_Gifts ,

This is something that our support team can do by performing a historical re-sync of the data in Lightspeed accounting for the days requested.

If you'd like, feel free to email us or call-in so we can assist you directly!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Fuzzy_MelonFuzzy_Melon Member Posts: 12
    edited July 6

FYI "synchronization" I believe is not the correct term, although it is used is a few places here. From what I understand, Lightspeed pushes the data to Quickbooks one time, or again if another push is requested. For example...if a sales transaction's information is changed after the transaction has already closed and pushed to Quickbooks, the changed information will NOT be sent to Quickbooks. I believe the initial information would need to be deleted in Quickbooks and a request to resend the transaction data from a Lightspeed representative would need to be initialized.