Aggregated ORD / INV /SHIP #

AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 65

I would like to put it out there that Lightspeed begins using an aggregate Order / Invoicing and Shipping numbering system - so that for every order placed lets say ORD03839 the system would automatically create the same number in SHIP and INV so INV03839 and SHIP03839.

This would prevent confusion and human error especially for merchants working with 3rd party integrations like shipstation.

All that lightspeed would have to do is to set the system code to write the alternate numbers as the primary order # is created so even if an order is not paid or not shipped then all numbers remain the same.

As far as I am aware this is how most other ecom platforms operate.

VOTE AWAY

Aggregated ORD / INV /SHIP # 1 vote

Yes - I would find Aggregated ORD / INV / SHIP # beneficial
100%
Abbas 1 vote
No - Am quite happy with the way things are
0%
Not sure
0%

2 comments

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 683 

While this sounds logical on paper, it practice it might not be as viable. Taking outlier use cases into account, what if an order consists of multiple items, and those items ship out separately? That alone would break the chain, so even a single instance would throw the alignment off for anything thereafter...

• AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 65
    edited March 4
    Yes - I would find Aggregated ORD / INV / SHIP # beneficial

I hear you, in this scenario, it could be fixed with some sort of sequential postscript numbering -1 / -2 / -3 work ?

SHIP003839 THEN ADDITIONAL SHIPMENT SHIP003839-1 AND SO ON