sales should be able to be line item discounted by both price and percentage on the fly
Hey @robustobriar ,
You can currently discount product lines by clicking onto the line and clicking on the Discount drop down. Once you're done, hit the Save button and you should be good to go!
You also don't have to click onto the line item if the discount is a percentage and you could click on the Apply Discount button located on the lower-right corner of the items added to the sale
Finally, if you wish to have a quick-application of a fixed, monetary discount, you could create a button at the top of the sale (where you see the pink/grey and blue/green buttons).
To do this, there is a 2 step process:
1) Create a non-inventory item with the value
- Go to Inventory > New Item
- Change Single to Non-Inventory and uncheck the Taxable option
- Add a name and value associated with the offer
- Save Changes
2) Create a Button in your Sales Tab
- Go to Settings > Custom Menus > Sales Tab
- Add a title
- Change the type to Add Item(s)
- Choose the colour of your choice
- Click Save Changes
- Scroll down on the same page and find the button
- Click the pen icon
- Link the non-inventory Item you just created
And voila! You now have a fully functional button that can be applied to the sales of your choice.
For more information on Custom Menus, you can always consult our A Detailed Overview of Custom Menus or our Creating Custom Menus page on our Support Website!
If you meant something different, feel free to go ahead and give me a better idea so I can submit it to our enhancement page request!
If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.
Lightspeed Retail Support
866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)
514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)
I believe you misunderstood. I should be able to edit the price to whatever I want it to be, per item in the invoice. I was told this is better than onsite. I want increased functionality. not decreased. I should not have to line item calculate. go to another menu. calculate each item. then go to another menu. then back into another menu. and then repeat. all to close a big wholesale order on the fly when a customer is in the mood to buy.
There's something I'd like to clarify with you when you say that it takes a while to modify the price of an item. Is this to be able to modify the cost of this item without having to go into the item card?
I'd like to be sure you have the most efficient workflow, since having to go to inventory, item search etc, can be long during a sale.
1-2) Click the item name twice, once to open the menu and once to open the item card.
3) Click into the Inventory tab of the item card
4) Modify the cost of your product, click anywhere outside the box to save your changes
5) At the top of your item card, there is a workflow that the software has retained while performing your sale. Clicking the Current Sale button will immediately take you back to the sale you were on previously.
But I will absolutely note this in the feature enhancement list if you like!
Discounts are lacking in Retail. When we have a sale in our store we may have multiple discounts, and they're not always the same. Instead of having to make a "discount" for each percentage, we should be able to add a percentage discount on the fly for each individual item, just like in Onsite. When changing the price manually that should also change on the receipt so the customer can see the old price and the new price they were charged. Like mentioned above, we want increased functionality, not decreased which is what we've encountered over and over with the switch from Onsite to Retail.