Customer Auto Search in Sales

ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 71
edited March 6 in General

When creating a Workorder, the customers auto search.

Why doesn't this also happen in sales? In actuality when you search for a name, it populates, even if its possibly the wrong customers. (If you have a John Smith, and you search for a different John Smith who is new, it will populate the 1st one without giving you the option to choose or confirm which risks privacy issues, as receipts automatically prints/sends all laybys and repairs on purchase receipts).

The functionality to choose a customer is already in the software (in the service tab), but it doesn't work in the Sales area.

Surely it makes sense to reduce the chance of lazy staff members just adding the wrong customer or creating a duplicate customer rather than going through the whole search and confirmation procedure currently required.

5 comments

• jewelcamjewelcam Member Posts: 12

agreed!

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator
    edited March 8

Hey @Shootersshed

Can you give me an example of what you're referring to? In a sale, when you search for a customer name that has duplicate names in the software, it should automatically bring you to a search page where all the other customers with the name appears for you to select the appropriate customer.

Same when you search for just the first name of the customer:

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 71

I didnt say DUPLICATE. I said NEW.

John Smith is customer A1 and is in the system.

John Smith is customer B2 and is new.

If we type John Smith into the customer bar, it just add's John Smith A1's details automatically and unless we delve deeper we can't see its the wrong person.

In SERVICE, a list of names and phone numbers comes up on the right side for you to choose from as you enter details.

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 71

Typing in HODGES into the Search Bar on a new sale.

Automatically adds in the only HODGES we have in the system, but has no other info, no phone, no customer number, nothing else. So if they have the same name, we can easily put the wrong info, breaching someones privacy.

But if it is a NEW WORKORDER, just typing in part of the persons name brings up an enormous list of anything that is even remotely like their name with phone numbers to reference. Practically impossible to stuff up.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator
    edited March 9

Hey @Shootersshed ,

Thanks for pointing it out! I'll note it in the list of enhancements! In the meantime, the easiest workflow to get there would be to hit the search button before you search for the customer.

I understand it's not as fast but is an alternative to make sure the right customer is selected while we wait for this option to come through.

Hope your day is as awesome as you are!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)