Verify PIN Delay

jewelcamjewelcam Member Posts: 12

Currently, the "Verify PIN Delay" is set in Total Minutes. For example, if I set it to 5 min it will auto Lock the screen in 5 min from the beginning of when the person enters their pin. However, this feature would be much more practical if the 5 min was based on inactivity. For example, when no activity was detected and 5 min had lapsed then the screen would lock.

2 comments

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 71

I have set PIN delay as "0" and checked "Insert PIN" for every new sale and work order."

I then printed out each users PIN number as a 4 digit bar code and stuck it to the counters (or give it to them on a lanyard) so when LS asks for the PIN, all you do is scan their personal barcode and it quickly logs them in.

Just Google "Make a barcode"

This makes for a fast and easy way for retail staff to log in .

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 505 moderator

Hey @jewelcam ,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll note it in the requested enhancements.

In the meantime, as an alternative, you could set the PIN delay to 0, like Shooter mentioned, and also use the use PIN before each sale to reallocate the register to the correct person ringing up the items.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)