UPC codes restrictions

sfusionsfusion Member Posts: 8

I recently switched from Onsite to Retail and am disappointed as to how many manufacturers' UPC codes are unusable in the Retail now. I have a couple thousand products and probably 20% of my products can't be scanned as they don't fit the criteria set out in the support documents. Yet, i don't have control over how the manufacturers set their UPC. This will most definitely increase the amount of manual entering of data during the sales process and contribute to inventory discrepancies. This is a big step backwards for Lightspeed. Retail is supposed to allow customers to work smarter not harder. Can someone please share some insight as to why this is so restrictive in Retail and if the gap can be closed somehow?

2 comments

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 147 

We have suppliers that create their own bar codes rather than pay for official bar codes.

5 , 6 or 7 digits...... Unusable with this software.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @sfusion ,

You could use the Manufacturer SKU or the Custom SKU for these as they don't carry a limitation or minimum on how many numbers are in use.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)