Feature request: Sandbox special orders from one another

ngilsonngilson Member Posts: 62 ✭

Hey LS Team: It would be incredibly helpful if we could sandbox special orders rather than having everything in a giant pool under the customer's info.

We work with quite a few corporate customers who frequently have more than one order in our system at a time. These different orders are being paid for by different budgets, PO's, etc. and need to be shipped complete from our store. Not having the ability to pull up an individual order and have it separated from other orders creates the need for either an alternate software to track these, or incredibly large amounts of additional time spent moving items over to the sale screen.

3 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @ngilson ,

Just to be sure I understand correctly, when you say you're looking for "sandbox special orders" you mean being able to pull apart 1 special order out of a PO full of existing other Special orders and providing details on that one unit when you print out a PO?

Let me know so I can note it properly in our enhancement request.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• ngilsonngilson Member Posts: 62 ✭
    edited March 2021

Hi @VanessaD -

I think we're on the same page. Let me give you an example of a customer we are currently and regularly working with.

This customer wants to order $20k of camera equipment, and there are 60 line items on this order. This order is coming from budget A, and has PO #123. Same customer wants to place another order for $20k of gear, but it's coming from budget B, and is PO #456. Right now, there does not appear to be a quick way to just invoice PO #123's items, since it's all mixed in with #456. We can put the PO in the notes for each line item, but need to access ALL of the customers line items on special order, and complete them one at a time, in order to fill the order once everything has arrived. Sandboxing the special orders would make this process much faster, easier, more organized, and less prone to user error.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @ngilson

Makes sense! Thank you for confirming it, I'll note it in our list of enhancement requests.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)