Cash Drawer easy to manipulate

Donny123Donny123 Member Posts: 2

There needs to be a fix for the cash drawer as it is easy to manipulate and possible for theft. When on the "sales" page under "todays completed transactions" there is a "print tab" beside each of the completed transactions. By pressing the "print tab" the cash drawer opens and the original receipt is reprinted. Therefore if you have common items that are sold frequently, every time that item is sold, the cashier can navigate to the "completed transactions" reprint a receipt and make it appear as a legitimate transaction and pocket to $$. I have spoken to tech support many times about this and I cannot believe there is no concern for this....unheard of. Anyone else notice this?

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator

Hey @Donny123 ,

We're currently investigating the possibility of adding more granular limitations to opening the cash drawer when a printer is connected to the Lightspeed hub.

This was originally made a default option since we were using the Starmicronics drivers compatible with the TSP100 printers, which simply offered to disallowed or allow the cash drawer to open when printing a receipt (with no limitations).

Thank you for your interest!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Donny123Donny123 Member Posts: 2

Thank you VanessaD. Any idea when this current investigation will provide results? I had a perfectly fine receipt printer but when I switched POS to Lightspeed I was told it would not mesh with the system. So lightspeed offered 2 acceptable receipt printers (Star and Epson) and after consulting with your support I went with Epson based on their recommendation. Now it seems your saying that you base your spec on Star. Do I have that right?

If so, it only increases my level of frustration....please help.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator

Hey @Donny123 ,

For the time being, we don't have an ETA, a lot of things are already in place and moving but I do know that I had tagged the open case you had with one of my colleagues so that you'll be notified when something updates itself.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)