Hub non-administrator updates

BenVBenV Member Posts: 25

The Hub application needs to be able to update itself without administrator permissions.

Also, why are there no release notes for Hub? It would be nice to be able to see what the updates are fixing/changing.

9 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @BenV ,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll note it in the list of enhancement requests!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 52

@VanessaD this update needs to be prioritized

Hey @Hampton

Thanks for the feedback.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• MonmouthBottleShopMonmouthBottleShop Member Posts: 10
    edited June 16

The new hub update just broke our lightspeed retail systems.

It automatically updated, sounds great right, but the update does not support the operating system our registers are running. Now we have no access to our cash drawer or printers.

I still have an old hub install file but after reinstalling the app it auto updates and breaks the connection a couple hours later.

Sorry but auto update should be an option no forced. Thanks for another headache in our Onsite to Retail transition!

Post edited by MonmouthBottleShop on

Hey @MonmouthBottleShop

In order to follow up with the latest security and feature available within the framework we’re using, we have to constantly update it.

For the time being, support for MacOS below El Capitan, so Yosemite (10.10) and under has been discontinued and the best alternative would be to update the computer itself to a more recent OS.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

edited June 16

Hey @VanessaD thanks for discontinuing yet another piece of equipment overnight!

So let’s get this straight… After discontinuing a far superior POS system, forcing many to “upgrade” to LS Retail, which also forced us to buy several new pieces of hardware (scanners, cash drawers, printers etc.) just to make the “upgrade” possible Lightspeed hub has now discontinued support for OSX 10.10 making those new purchases completely USELESS overnight .

So instead of making updates optional for this ridiculous HUB application so it will not brick older computers, you expect us to purchase New computers just to run your crappy new Retail software.

Good luck with your new business model. Can’t wait to see how many customers stick with you for the next 10 years!

Your customer service and Customers relations are about as good as your NEW software!

Hey @MonmouthBottleShopSoftware

Security is our priority and it's one of the benefits of a cloud-based system; updates are made periodically and automatically so that it's one less thing for the user to manage.

Keeping up with Mac standards is one of those security requirements. You are correct that some OS updates can eventually brick older computers but luckily, most Mac computers don't need to be re-purchased in order to update the software.

If you're running a device that can no longer be updated, I do recommend that you look into other options—if it wasn't this particular update, it's quite possible that you would have run into this issue sooner than later.

Apple Support would be able to provide you with more assistance with this, if need be.

I fully understand that it's challenging to learn new software and Lightspeed Retail has some notable differences from OnSite.

Please continue to share this kind of feedback with us so we can keep making products developments that improve the user experience.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• relishtcrelishtc Member Posts: 1

@MonmouthBottleShop this is so frustrating to me! Same issue here and I have been on the phone with them forever. I am now back in the "cue" as of 2 days ago with no call. LS help used to be so good and now you can't reach anyone.

@relishtc Clearly Lightspeed is NOT the company they used to be.

When they finally get back to you I’m sure the only option they’ll give you is upgrade your computers. Since we all enjoy burning thousands of dollars so our receipts will print again.

Their product and customer service/relations have turned to crap!

Also just noticed this afternoon the moderator deleted a couple replies I made on another discussion. So not going to be surprised when this one disappears as well.

its clear they don’t intend to improve their “upgraded” product after discontinuing OnSite, the best POS Program out there.

RIP onsite, we miss you!