Computer restarts when trying to print lables. How to print labels in this case?

with the new update to windows, I am unable to print label. Instead, it restarts. Extremely annoying,

After talking to support, they uninstalled my windows update. It worked for few times then again problem began, without labels items cannot be displayed.

Windows would be updated time and again, why should we not update it. Thats not as solution, you should update lightspeed accordingly.

Till the time you fix this issue, please let us know how to print label on Zebra printer. It is affecting our sales.

5 comments

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 708 

One of our users ran into a warning when first getting into the Retail web client. I do know that recent larger Windows 10 "feature updates" can uninstall legacy DLL's and cause issues. This Zebra deal appears to fall into the "cause issues" category.

• villagescalgaryvillagescalgary Member Posts: 5

so how do i print label now? shall I cancel the custom print?

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator

Hey @villagescalgary ,

Currently, the alternative would be to downgrade your version of Windows temporarily until there's a fix.

You can follow the steps detailed by Zebra in their Support Community Forum.

We also have an open ongoing investigation, so I've created a ticket on your behalf with us to keep you updated.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator
    edited March 16

@villagescalgary

You could also use custom printing in the meantime, which you can do by disabling Browser Print in Settings -> Locations -> Customize -> Uncheck the Enable Zebra Browser Print checkbox.

From there, go select the current size you're using in Settings -> General Options -> Printing tab

And make sure that the ZD410 is installed to your local Windows/Mac computer. You can follow the steps for the Windows Installation guide here.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 44
    edited March 16

For us the fix was to uninstall the offending update(s) (KB5000802 and/or KB5000808) then restarting, then preventing them from being reinstalled by using Microsoft's "Hide or show updates" tool. Strangely they seem to have discontinued that tool but it can still be downloaded from here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wushowhide.html So far, no more label printing crashes for us. /knock on wood

Post edited by BenV on