CloudFlare API Block - Need Real Help ASAP

jtellierjtellier Member Posts: 55

How do you get a cloudflare block unblocked?

... and furthermore, why is there a limit on sku lookups?

5 comments

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 663 

If your IP wasn't previously blocked due to its public subnet association, then it's likely a temporary block due to API requests past a certain (unknown) threshold. So it should be transient, lifting in --- who knows --- a minute, an hour, etc. Perhaps someone from Lightspeed can speak to that, since they choose to have Cloudflare as the middleman.

So you weren't exceeding Lightspeed Retail's API limits? It was just a total summation kind of a scenario?

• jtellierjtellier Member Posts: 55

I was calling a sku lookup a few times a second to check for removal of skus, the client had 78,000 updates come over and many were deletion checks.

Yeah I tried reaching out to LightSpeed Support but they always just say to come post in the forum, which makes no sense, the community cant lift a cloudflare block.

Very frustrated with LS lately

You definitely need to scale back the API calls for sure. One GET per second is pushing your luck most of the time I've found. 🤐

Agreed, in that a user-driven community forum that's moderated isn't the best method for obtaining production support. Sorry for the situation!

• jtellierjtellier Member Posts: 55

Its been 3 hours and the block is still on. This is crazy I am beginning to think LightSpeed is a company of 3 people in someone's moms garage.

Actually looks like over 1,000 employees --> https://craft.co/lightspeed. Although perhaps 95% of them are management and sales based on this perspective. 😐️