Vendor Cost defaulting to zero

deksdeks Member Posts: 6

On the new Vendor Cost field, under Vendor ID's, if you add a new item, the vendor cost keeps defaulting to zero, so if you add the item to a PO, the cost is zero. If you add it directly from the PO, the cost is correct the first time, but if you delete it and add it again, it's zero. You have to manually go into Vendor ID to change it.

While a useful enhancement, it's a real pain as I keep having to change the cost. It should default to the Default Cost, and not zero.

7 comments

• donnavbdonnavb Member Posts: 8

Agreed. It should. Also, does LS send out notification updates when they make a change like that? If so, I don't get them.

• deksdeks Member Posts: 6

I don't get any notification updates, although sometimes for bigger updates I see something in the Help side.

It looks like this is fixed, at least for now, as Vendor Cost is no longer appearing at all. (Which is fine with me).

• SteebpSteebp Member Posts: 1

Yes, this update is terrible and a giant waste of time. Mine is still defaulting to zero. How does Lightspeed know to fix this kind of stuff? Whenever I call support they try and send me to the forums to suggest modifications, but this is a bug not a feature right now.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 596 moderator

I would definitely suggest callin in to our support team rather than performing a chat so we can properly investigate.

I unfortunately don't see any chats or calls that discussed the vendor ID in 2021 for Steebp so it may be something else.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• deksdeks Member Posts: 6

This is back :(

• FlowtFlowt Member Posts: 1

This is also happening to me. Seems to often happen when I am changing the tax class on an item. When I save the changes, it zeros the dealer cost.

• 1CJ_Correnti1CJ_Correnti Member Posts: 2

Ive been working with Enkidoo on this and we came up with a solution that should be ready this Friday 6/4/21.

I am also a LS customer since 2006 and have worked close with the development team for OnSite. I have a ton of issues with the new retail app and hope they pay attention to what most biz owners are complaining about which is losing some functionality in addition to not having that slightest bit of coding experience (e.g. Custom Labels). Please LS listen to your base!!