Retails major deficiencies for us coming from onsite

Wilson123Wilson123 Member Posts: 5
  1. we have many non inventoried products due to the nature of our business. We cannot add them to a special order, we need to use layaway which is a terrible work around, let us use one process for ordering give special orders ability to order both inv and non inv.
  2. Adding customer names to a sale as an associate after they have rang off the sale, often a customer name is not added at sale, we track sales for buy so may get free, many times the associate forgets and after the sale is complete they remember that they did not at a customer to sale.... they need ability to add to invoice without a managers authorization.
  3. sale associates need the ability to check home screen with out having to give them access to reports.
  4. the home screen chart of sale per hour is virtually useless in our business, if I want that info I could look at details in reports, what I, and I suspect most business's would prefer would be a simple bar or line chart that shows total for days during the month. Also it would be very beneficial to show accumulative sales for the month on home screen. My staff receive bonus's based on mostly sales an are very interested in seeing how they are doing Also given us some decent basic charting overall on home screen like onsite had.
  5. printing of sales tags, we need to have options to print sales labels, when we have price changes ect, often we need to print entire store price labels (approx 5000) at once, we cannot use zebra printing for this and do not need them to stick since we have slots. In onsite we had the ability to print 30 per page on 8.5x11 standard paper, stash them and slice them up with a paper cutter, we have multiple stores and printing label will Zebra style would produce a mile of labels.

If anyone knows work arounds to help us would sure appreciate your help.

The migration to retail has not been smooth.

14 comments

• lancemuzlancemuz Member Posts: 28

You should have the ability to change or add a customer after a sale. Here is a screenshot showing that ability. There may need to be permissions granted to employees.

• Wilson123Wilson123 Member Posts: 5

yes Lance, however in order for my sales associates including new trainees, I need to give them reporting features, I do not want to extend permissions for something so basic. Staff should be able to add a name after finishing without accessing the reporting features.

Thanks for the response

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 101 

HOMESCREEN: What an abortion this thing is. In the Onsite system we used to monitor sales by "Per Day", "Per Month" and "Annually" and it was so good. Now we can;t even see sales including the tax (Tax inclusive is not an option...)

And sales staff should absolutely be able to see how the shop is tracking. I want staff who are interested in how we are going and if we are successful, considering they are a major part of our success. Only an order taking robot has no interest in those numbers..

LABEL PRINT: I think you may be able to do the labels by disabling Zebraprint (Bloody horrible thing) and just printing to a print dialog but i am not 100% sure of this.

• Natalie_G888Natalie_G888 Member Posts: 30 ✭

Adding customer info after a sale is completed involves so many more steps than it did in OnSite. In fact, overall, I find that simple tasks take much longer in Retail. Why not have the option of doing this when you go to your sales history? You already have the option for refund or exchange. Another button here to adjust invoice would save a couple of steps.

• MonmouthBottleShopMonmouthBottleShop Member Posts: 10

Bump!

More areas where retail comes up short!

• Patrick1234Patrick1234 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 17

We have only just migrated so to start with:

Editing Sales after the event is too difficult.

Printing Labels

Should be an Iphone App version

Home screen is not efficient

Post edited by Patrick1234 on
  • ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 101 

@Patrick1234 give it a few weeks, that list soon won't fit on the page....

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 52
    edited June 19

@VanessaD are there any updates coming with the 3 phase database maintenance starting next week?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @Hampton

We are not at liberty to discuss any changes before they are launched but thank you for your interest!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 15

Also, it should be noted that adding a Customer Profile to a Sale after an item(s) have been added does not populate any discounts if the customer has them assigned.

I.e. If you add 20x items to a New Sale and then add a Customer Profile with a discount to the same sale that discount will not populate. You have to remove all items and re-add them. The only workaround to this is to allow basic employees the ability to discount everything and that's it's own can of worms.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @emacgee

This is something we are investigating and I've opened a ticket with your account so we can keep you posted!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• TrolleyMuseumTrolleyMuseum Member Posts: 30

@emacgee

I don't have that issue. I can add as many items as I like, then add a customer and it adds the discount no problem. I don't have to delete everything and redo the total sale. Maybe you have an off setting because it works fine for me. Maybe because I am working at management level?

I don't understand why your employees would not be empowered to discount items. They are really the ones that need to do so, unless they are not trained, you don't trust them, or want a manager to override everything for more control of your situation. 😀

For all...what is the fear, exactly, of employees seeing reports? My employees have full access to them. After looking at them again, I am not sure what the big secret is? I actually have my staff run an items sold report at the end of each day so they know what to re-stock each day. I feel I must be missing something if more than one person is worried about it.

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 15

@TrolleyMuseum

We discount items in the POS rather than having the discount added at the register each time. We've just had issues in the past with items on invoices showing discounts with no apparent reason and no note/explanation. Given the nature of the products we work with and the number of employees we have it does not behoove us to allow everyone to mark down products at their discretion. Much easier to make those calls centrally then try to train everyone on what/when/how discounts can be extended. No potential for abuse = no abuse.

People don't want employees to have access to reports because many of them show product costs and sales totals and our company is of the mindset that sales associates should not have access to financials. Your strategy of running a sales report for quantities sold is sound. It's just that many people don't want the financials there for just anyone to look at. Everyone has their own reasons for that and ours are more than are convenient to explain.

I'd think of these decisions/moves as based on an 'abundance of caution' as opposed to 'fear'. Again, no potential for abuse = no abuse. When you've seen discounting and such abused in the past you tend to bend towards creating a system where that is no longer possible or the possibility is greatly reduced.

• TrolleyMuseumTrolleyMuseum Member Posts: 30

@emacgee

Ah, yes, I can totally understand that. I guess it's much easier for me with only 5 employees that have been with me for years so I trust them. They can see the cost of goods on the items page and the sales data anyways. I don't think they care to go through all the reports, but I wouldn't much care if they did. lol! I guess in "blue sky" we all want having those capabilities and options in our dream POS!

Unfortunately, It seems that your employees will have no choice but to remember to add the customer first , or suffer the annoyance of removing everything and starting over. 😣

Thanks for sharing your POV and feedback!