CARD ON FILE

conormckeeconormckee Member Posts: 2
edited January 18 in Feedback

Please, lightspeed, add a card on file option! We're still in a pandemic, people want delivery, I can't keep entering card numbers over the phone with every order. There NEEDS to be a card on file function!

Post edited by VD_LS on

11 comments

• progressiveprogressive Member Posts: 1

I agree. This isn't going to work for me. We need to have CC storage !

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @conormckee and @progressive ,

We currently offer the Lightspeed Subscriptions service (compatible with Lightspeed Payments). For more information, you can inquire with your Account Manager or consult the Subscriptions Help Center Article.

Otherwise, for the time being, we need to store cards in a way that's PCI compliant so I'll note your enhancement request!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• dallastxdallastx Member Posts: 5

Put us down on this request as well please! Thank you.

• meraleymeraley Member Posts: 8
    edited January 12

Yes please!!! This would be transformative for our business. We have customers all over the country who want us to hold their card on file, and charge them for what they want, when they want. Not a recurring subscription.

We have created work arounds directly with Stripe for this, bypassing Lightspeed payments. If we could process a card on file directly with Lightspeed Payments, Lighstpeed, you'd reap the rewards of those processing fees! Right now, we're paying those fees directly to Stripe because we can't hold a card on file in Lightspeed for "spontaneous" sales.

Additionally, is it possible to be placed on some kind of notification list if/when this is ever in beta? We'd jump right on that, and be happy to provide valuable feedback too!

Hi there,

I've moved this thread to our Feedback forum for it to be considered as a requested feature enhancement. 

In the future, consider posting your enhancement requests with a clear title in this forum as it will help the development team understand what's requested without having to go in-depth into the threads. 

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Thank you! Is there any other way to follow this as a feature request, so we're alerted right away if it's enabled?

For the time being, no, however when new features are launched within retail, since I focus on answering these kinds of requests, I often will remember there being some threads and come back to provide updates.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• mike_fourthmike_fourth Member Posts: 10

+1 for this request. We moved to Lightspeed from Square, which had this functionality. So right now our existing customers don't understand why they have to call with their CC number every time when we used to be able to just charge their card on file.

If it's helpful for others on this thread, this is a work around option: you can make a stand-alone Stripe account at stripe.com. Read their tutorials on how to save a card on file manually. Then get confirmation from the customer and charge their card on file in Stripe when needed. You have to add another payment type in LS and mark it paid manually, once the charge has been taken through Stripe's site. The fees are a little bit higher but it makes our customer happy.

Hope this is helpful to some!

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 870 

From a PCI compliance perspective, storing sensitive customer information, such as credit card data, is a big red flag. There is risk exposure involved, where most solution providers don't welcome adding this if they haven't implemented it from the get-go.