Customer Traffic Counter

BeckyBecky Member Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive traffic counter that works with LS Retail? Thanks!

2 comments

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 683 

Not sure if you're talking about a manual traffic counter feature that can be plugged into Retail, or a more automated solution that's integrated somehow.

Basically most retailers that have IP security cameras can utilize free tools for achieving a barometer of customer traffic. Here's a sample project that I used as a starting point to hook into my company's HikVision NVR cameras --> https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2018/08/13/opencv-people-counter/.

There are more off-the-shelf solutions that can also piggyback off of IP cameras. Prices vary, but our solution was free (other than my time). 😀

• newmzw8newmzw8 Member Posts: 2

Hey Becky-

I've followed up in a message, but I've developed a platform for counting customers.

facetrack.io

Users range from clothing boutiques to gas stations.

The platform uses a Lightspeed integration to calculate conversion rates, and its cloud-based dashboard displays in-store sales metrics alongside foot traffic.

For retailers who don't have an in-house guru like Gregarican, many are hesitant to do anything that could create issues with their security cameras. Because of that, fracetrack.io comes with a device that has a built-in network connection and is about the size of a deck of cards. It just needs to be plugged in and able to see customers entering the store.