Feature Request: Input check number on invoices

ngilsonngilson Member Posts: 45 ✭

We've just transitioned from On-Site, and are discovering that there is not a way to input the check number when this is the payment method. I know that we could input this in the notes of the invoice, but it seems like a pretty basic function of a POS system to require the check number.

I had a perfect example today on why this is needed. Customer who has a regular and recurring order inquired if their payment with check number XXXX has been received, as they mailed it nearly two weeks ago. I can see that we applied a payment about a week ago, but because there is no check number I have no idea if it's the one they are inquiring about.

Adding this feature would also significantly help in balancing our checks when we make a deposit, provided of course that the check numbers are visible in that report.

Thanks!

Tags:

3 comments

• SallyBSallyB Member Posts: 5

I agree and require this feature as well.

• mkulik2mkulik2 Member Posts: 4

I second this. This is very important. We have the same issue with a custom payment type "Budget Number". Our Departments pay with a budget number but when we click "Pay", there is no place to record the budget number. This is the same for checks. If you are paying with a check you should be able to record the check number.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator

Hey friends!

Thanks for the feedback! I've noted it in our list of requested enhancement updates to the software! 

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)