New Lightspeed Retail Setup: What can a consultant setup that I cannot do myself?

JasonRobertsJasonRoberts Member Posts: 26

We are transitioning from Lightspeed Onsite to Retail. Lightspeed assigned us a consultant to assist with the migration. The consultant was nowhere near complete when our go live data came around and it appears they won't be ready for our rescheduled date, either.

My question, as posed above, is: What is it that they are capable of doing for us that we could not do ourselves? We are trying to bring over historical data (invoices), as well as our current inventory, customers, vendors, etc. Is the functionality there that we could bring in all of those imports ourselves, or does the consultant have access to tools that we do not?

Thanks!

Answers

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 115 
    edited March 27

I did everything except for Historical Sales and payments. They sorted that afterwards.

DooSync were taking weeks to be ready so I just transferred everything else via excel exports/imports.

Gift cards don't have the same number format so needed to be done manually. Same as SRO's.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

hey @JasonRoberts ,

Regarding bringing over historical data (invoices), as well as your current inventory, customers, vendors, etc. Some options can be done via imports yourself and some will need to be manually created in the software.

You can import your inventory using the Inventory -> Import Items section of Retail. For further information on this, you can consult the Importing Items Help Center Article or call-in to our support team for further instructions.

Customers, Vendors and historical invoices need to be manually inputted into the software. Invocies specifically need to be rang up as sales and then back-dated to the original date of the transaction.

Feel free to consult our support team or Help Center for more step by step guides on how to create Customers & Vendors.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• JasonRobertsJasonRoberts Member Posts: 26

Thanks, Vanessa,

A clarification, if I may: I believe we can import customers ourselves, can we not? In your last paragraph you list customers as data that must be input manually. I thought we could do vendors as well, but didn't research that as carefully.

-J.

Hey @JasonRoberts ,

Customer data cannot be imported by merchants (This has been the case since before I started working at Lightspeed almost 3 years ago). They can be manually created by merchants, however, but importing them will require you to send it to our import team.

They would have the tools necessary to import things like Vendors, Customers and also items.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• JasonRobertsJasonRoberts Member Posts: 26

Ah... Gotcha. I was reading the document that talked about importing customer and vendor data, and how to setup the data. I glossed over the fact that we provide the data to Lightspeed, who then does the import.

Hey @JasonRoberts

No worries! enjoy your day!

———

All the best!

Vanessa