Bug : Shop tags do not update with Product tags
As per another discussion I recently started, there is an issue with the shop tag variables in relation to the product tag variables which I consider to be a bug. Here's how to replicate it:
- Add a tag to any product in a store. Save the product.
- View the product in the store and expose the toolbar on the product page (tb/show). Look for the tags section under the product node. - you should see the newly added tag.
- Navigate to the home page of the store. Under the shop node, look for the tags section - you will not see the newly added tag.
- Go into the backend and navigate to Products - Tags. You will see the added tag in the tag list.
- Click on the tag that was added to view the details. Hit enter to save the tag.
- Go back to the home page and refresh it.
- Look at the tags section under the shop node. You will now see the tag listed.
At first I thought this was a 'midnight indexing' issue where I had to wait enough time for the tag to show up but that's not the case. This poses a significant problem for me being able to (hopefully) be able to collect all items in the shop with a particular tag associated with them as any new tags added to a product must first be 're-saved' in the tags form. Testing this 'in-code' with Twig produces the same problem - the new tags aren't being added to the shop section.