Bug : Shop tags do not update with Product tags

rgismergisme Member Posts: 17

As per another discussion I recently started, there is an issue with the shop tag variables in relation to the product tag variables which I consider to be a bug. Here's how to replicate it:

1. Add a tag to any product in a store. Save the product.
  2. View the product in the store and expose the toolbar on the product page (tb/show). Look for the tags section under the product node. - you should see the newly added tag.
  3. Navigate to the home page of the store. Under the shop node, look for the tags section - you will not see the newly added tag.
  4. Go into the backend and navigate to Products - Tags. You will see the added tag in the tag list.
  5. Click on the tag that was added to view the details. Hit enter to save the tag.
  6. Go back to the home page and refresh it.
  7. Look at the tags section under the shop node. You will now see the tag listed.

At first I thought this was a 'midnight indexing' issue where I had to wait enough time for the tag to show up but that's not the case. This poses a significant problem for me being able to (hopefully) be able to collect all items in the shop with a particular tag associated with them as any new tags added to a product must first be 're-saved' in the tags form. Testing this 'in-code' with Twig produces the same problem - the new tags aren't being added to the shop section.

1 comment

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hello, @rgisme ,

This issue has been reported to our developers before. However, it has been closed. The issue remains reported internally and if other merchants raise the same issue it will be reopened and prioritized accordingly.

Switching the visibility or updating the tag in the back office will make the tag shown on the /tag page on the storefront and visible when using the tb/show tool.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email or call Lightspeed support.

Geanny