Pricing Rules

ISstudioISstudio Member Posts: 2

I have a business where I sell both wholesale and retail and therefore I sell products at multiple pricing levels (retail, wholesale, designer pricing levels, etc) and I also have multiple product categories or departments (Home, Jewelry, Personal accessories, etc.). Certain "wholesale clients" may receive discounts on specific mdse categories, which they routinely buy from us, but not other categories for which they would need to pay retail, if they say walked into the store to buy a personal gift.

Therefore, I wanted to set up pricing rules where clients would be able to receive the appropriate discounts on specific categories of mdse that we relevant to them. LSR provides for this function. I set a pricing rule for an entire category of products (say "jewelry") and apply the rule to a certain customer category (say "wholesale jewelry" customers). That part makes perfect sense.

However, in the context of setting up the pricing rules, I was shocked to find out that when I apply a certain pricing rule to an entire category of mdse. (again, say "jewelry") so that all my wholesale jewelry customers will receive the appropriate discount, if tomorrow I then add some new jewelry items to stock, THE PRICING RULE WILL NOT APPLY TO THOSE ITEMS UNLESS I GO BACK AND MANUALLY ADD THOSE NEW ITEMS UNDER THE RULE! I thought that the whole point of categorizing merchandise is to be able to sort it and perform operations on whole sets of data. If you add a new item to that set tomorrow or the next day, the system should automatically apply any operations to that new data set. That's kind of the point of a database!! You shouldn't have to remember to go and manually add "new items" to a pricing rule that is supposed to apply to an entire category or class of products. If you have multiple people setting up products or doing data entry, each of them will have to know all the different pricing rules and how they are applied and remember that every time there's a new product. This seems like a very archaic and creating an opportunity for human error to occur every time a new product is created in the system.

Isn't there some way to fix this issue so that pricing rules that are applied "by category" continue to apply to that entire category not just for today, but into the future as new products are created?

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 539 moderator

Hey @ISstudio

Thanks for the feedback regarding the auto-add of categorized new products to existing category price rules. I've noted it in our list of requested enhancement updates to the software! 

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• lev_cyclistlev_cyclist Member Posts: 10

Hi @VanessaD

I just wanted to say that I whole heartedly agree that needs to be fixed. Is there still a webpage where your users can comment or vote on suggested fixes like that? I know there used to be one.

• SASSAS Member Posts: 1

Hi

I totally agree, a Category should be able to be 'Put On Sale' and everything in it will always be under control of that Price Rule, even when new items are added, OR, when items are removed they should then NOT be part of the sale.

Secondly, Why is there no way to see if a Product is already in a Price Rule? It is impossible to know this without searching every price rule, surely it would possible to show inside the actual product page, a not showing the 'Sale Price' this way ensuring you know it is on sale and a good idea in which price rule? This is necessary when getting new season stock of items that were on sale previously?

It would be nice to know if developers actually consider these Feedback responses?