Setting a client comment on an order

rayvanbrayvanb Member Posts: 6

Hi there,

I have an issue with placing a client comment (normally added by a client on placing the order) on an order. There seems to be no way to update that field. Am i missing something out here?

I need the field to place a note for the packaging list and be visible on the backend above Clientinfo on order.

2 comments

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 65 moderator

Hi, @rayvanb ,

The "Feedback from customers" field in the order dashboard is read-only.

If you wish to include this information on the packing slip, you can if you have access to Content Templates under Design / Content Templates / Shipment Templates. If you don't have this feature reach out to your account manager.

To achieve this, you'll have to insert the 'Memo' variable into the template.

Variable: {{ order.memo }}

You can also use the Comment variable if you wish to insert the order's internal comment:

Variable: {{ order.comment }}

https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/220320228-Customizing-emails-invoices-quotes-and-packing-slips

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email or call Lightspeed support.

Geanny

• rayvanbrayvanb Member Posts: 6

Thank you Geanny, for your reply. I was afraid it was something like that. The packingslip is actually generated by an external service: Goedgepickt. And i'm not sure which fields are used there.