PLEASE ADD: Ability to adjust PO errors without doing Vendor Return

hipbabyhipbaby Member Posts: 3

Mistakes happen when receiving, but now if my staff make an error they need to do a Vendor Return to correct it. If the error was that they received an item that actually hadn't arrived yet (and was backordered and arriving at a later date), then do a Vendor Return to correct it, then they can't receive the items when they do arrive.

ex. I ordered 6 apples, they received 12 but only 4 had actually arrived. Once they do the Vendor Return for the 8, they can no longer receive the 2 backordered apples when they arrive in the future. AND the PO now looks like 12 were received as they don't see the Vendor Returns.

You need to add the ability to correct the quantity received on POs or it will result in many inventory issues and a lot of confusion.

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 512 moderator

Hey @hipbaby

I totally hear you on this, I'll note it in our list of enhancement requests.

In the meantime, you could follow this workflow, which does fix both the POs and the quantities in stock, however it's a bit longer than a simple correction.

1) Perform a vendor return for all items received (not just the extra)

2) In your PO, set the PO status to Open and save the changes. From there, delete the item you have over-received and re-add it by searching for the product in the item search as if it were a new PO. (this won't affect other quantities having been received in the past). Finally, set the PO back to Check-in and save the changes!

This will make it as if the item was never received.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• hipbabyhipbaby Member Posts: 3

Hi Vanessa,

That doesn't really help. Most POs have dozens of products on them and at the point that they realized they have over-received an item, they have already counted and received many other styles. To 'Perform a vendor return for all items received (not just the extra)' would mean starting from scratch, when all they need to do is correct a number that was input into a box incorrectly.

Also, the new system allows you to delete items off of a PO that were already received. Between this and the issue above, it's going to get very confusing. When I am at home trying to reconcile goods paid for with goods received, I have to go down the rabbit hole to figure it out now. This new system seems a little broken to me.

thanks,

Jen

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 512 moderator

Hey Jen,

I totally hear where you're coming from. I'm offering alternatives since the option you're looking for isn't part of the base system, as you've already determined.

As mentioned above, I've noted your enhancement request for our team to review when they are able to take on new projects.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)