Creating automated reports

DyonDyon Member Posts: 4

Hey I was wondering if it would be possible to enable my back office to automatically send me (or rather my bookkeeper) an email with an excel/pdf attachment with a total of the days sales as well as a total list of all items sold (at the end of every day)?

8 comments

• Fred_PoissantFred_Poissant Member, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 5 moderator

Hi Dyon,

It is totally possible to do so!! You can add recipients to those automated reports under Settings, Notification Settings (The name could be clearer!).

Quick tips:

• To make sure you receive those reports on the next day, and not another 24h later, make sure that the mailing hour is set to at least an hour after the report closing time.
    • To set the day report closing time, navigate to Settings, Company settings, and set the openings time to the time you want your daily sales to reset. We recommend at least one hour after your closing time, so you have time to make corrections if needed.
    • The automated report is the same as the day report you can produce from the Manager. Any report settings that affect the day report will affect the automated report. To know more about all those settings and to tailor this report to your needs, please refer to our article here: https://resto-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/226305947-Report-settings

Let me know if you need clarifications on some of those, as the article is not incredibly deep in explaining them and what they can or cannot do!

Fred Poissant

Team Lead, Hospitality Support, Montréal

855-300-7108,

700 St-Antoine E, bureau 300, Montréal, QC H2Y 1A6,

lightspeedhq.com

• DyonDyon Member Posts: 4

Hey Fred,

So I followed your steps, and it works fine. One small problem is that it sends the files as a clickable attachment (picture attached). But I wanted to attach it directly as a CSV/Excel or pdf file (much like I would do when I send a normal email with a file attachment).

She says she needs this as she links it to accounting software that automatically extracts the data from the attachments or the email body and then posts the entries.

Maybe a helpful tip on how I could achieve this?

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 77 moderator

Hi Dyon,

Alas, the choice is offered like this because some prefer to download it in PDF format. Is it not possible to forward the email to her so she can download the CSV directly?

Best regards,

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

Hello Katherine,

The reason why she asks for it this way is that the emails forward into a system. The system then opens the attachments automatically, reads the data from the attachments and posts it into the accounting system.

It can do for both pdf or excel/CSV. But the whole mixup is that it is not sent as a regular attachment (much like, for example, when I send an email to you and attach a file to it) but rather a link to the document to be downloaded (picture attached above).

So I was basically wondering if we could do the same but attach it automatically but as a regular attachment?

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 77 moderator

Hi Dyon,

Given that people have a choice of either PDF or CSV, would you recommend adding both as attachments? I'll have to check to see if this can be done. I'm sure part of the reason it's done with download links is to keep the size of the emails down.

I'll let you know what they say.

Best regards,

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Hello Katherine,

Either one or both is fine. Let me know what they say

Hi Dyon,

I've been asked to create a feature request for this, so we'll see what happens. I can't guarantee how long that will take. In the meantime, is it not possible to script something to download the reports so your software can parse it?

I'll tag your org on the FR.

Best regards,

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Sorry Dyon,

Your user account doesn't seem to be linked to an org. Can you please let me know the Account ID for your Lightspeed Restaurant account, or the email used to access the account?

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center