Is there any more development being done on these forums? Will they launch?

TonyDehnkeTonyDehnke Member Posts: 17 ✭
Is there any more development being done on these forums? Will they launch?

7 comments

• ChristianChristian Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    What year? :p
  • TonyDehnkeTonyDehnke Member Posts: 17 ✭
    This summer? Honestly the forums have been a work in "progress" for years. There are a ton of great forum platforms out there, why not just buy one and put something in place for your users to use so that the community can be rebuilt. There has been virtually no front facing progress or change on this one for a long time.
  • ChristianChristian Member Posts: 3
    Seems the original and vibrant user base and well and truly evaporated. Good work Lightspeed! :/
    Any more word on this?
  • HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 56 moderator
    Hey @TonyDehnke !

To give you an update, in the last couple of weeks we've invited about 100 customers and 30 resellers to beta test the forum. We'll be inviting about 100 more in the next week or two.

We have not officially launched yet, but anyone who is interested may join the forum at any time. We will also be making a few minor design changes in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience throughout this process. It's been a long while, but things are coming together! A lot of work was put into this new forum, including a completely customized design for a better user experience. We hope you enjoy it and that you'll continue to be engaged!

Best,
    Heather
    Lightspeed HQ
    Really. Almost 1 year later to post an update??
  • HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 56 moderator
    Hi @TonyDehnke

I replied at the time but I believe it was deleted when I moved this discussion to another category. I've noticed that with other discussions that I had to move. My apologies for the confusion!

There have been a lot of changes since your original post so though your inquiry was a while ago, I thought you would appreciate an update :)
    Lightspeed HQ