Create new PO for backordered items

ATjessicaATjessica Member Posts: 2

We enter purchase orders for all the product that we ordered. We are invoiced as product is shipped/arrives whether it is everything we ordered or not. Leaving the PO open until everything arrives is NOT an option (especially with all of the current shipping delays we are experiencing). I've made a "duplicate" and deleted what we have already received off the duplicate to show what we have left outstanding; however, it would be ideal if there was a create backorder function that would automatically create a new PO for what is not received yet and a bill for just what we have to pay for that we actually received. I've been told that once "finished" only the amount for what we received goes over to QuickBooks in the sync...

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 551 moderator

Hey @ATjessica

This is a feature of the new Supplier Market beta that we're working on rolling out. When a supplier ships, in part, your order, the PO will automatically duplicate itself without any further work on your part.

Of course, Supplier market is still in beta and we are constantly working on adding new vendors (currently, if I'm not mistaken, we're working with Bike vendors) but are getting more suppliers each month. If you'd like more information about this, feel free to call in to our support team!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)