Create new PO for backordered items

ATjessicaATjessica Member Posts: 5

We enter purchase orders for all the product that we ordered. We are invoiced as product is shipped/arrives whether it is everything we ordered or not. Leaving the PO open until everything arrives is NOT an option (especially with all of the current shipping delays we are experiencing). I've made a "duplicate" and deleted what we have already received off the duplicate to show what we have left outstanding; however, it would be ideal if there was a create backorder function that would automatically create a new PO for what is not received yet and a bill for just what we have to pay for that we actually received. I've been told that once "finished" only the amount for what we received goes over to QuickBooks in the sync...

8 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @ATjessica

This is a feature of the new Supplier Market beta that we're working on rolling out. When a supplier ships, in part, your order, the PO will automatically duplicate itself without any further work on your part.

Of course, Supplier market is still in beta and we are constantly working on adding new vendors (currently, if I'm not mistaken, we're working with Bike vendors) but are getting more suppliers each month. If you'd like more information about this, feel free to call in to our support team!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• BBSolutionsBBSolutions Member Posts: 2

Partially receiving items on a purchase order and tracking backordered items is a standard point of sale feature. The inability to do so in Lightspeed Retail is a HUGE flaw. This should be at the top of the development list!

In the meantime, is there an easy way to "duplicate" a purchase order without having to manually reenter every item?

Thank you.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @BBSolutions

You can duplicate a PO by clicking the duplicate button on the top-right of the page.

This will re-create the PO with items in tow.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• BlueMountainMusicBlueMountainMusic Member Posts: 49 ✭
    edited April 9

@BBSolutions I've been requesting the ability to view Backorders either in Item Search view or in a simple Backordered Items report since they forced users out of OnSite, but they have stopped responding to the requests for information. It doesn't look like they have any intention of adding the basic, essential feature, rather that they are trying to push people into extra-cost add-on modules for "Advanced Reporting".

You absolutely should not have to do the extra workarounds for something so basic, and I really don't understand their refusal to put the function in the POS.

• KarynLehmannKarynLehmann Member Posts: 2

I wish they would put that duplicate button on special orders so when they do not show up one does not need to recreate completely!

• CarleyTUDSCarleyTUDS Member Posts: 15

@VD_LS The Supplier Market doesn't solve the issue!!! It may work with the vendors that buy into being in your "Supplier Market" but for those vendors that are not we still have the problem.

Why is this taking so long? Look back at OnSite take that coding and add it into the "Retail" system. LightSpeed's customers have been investing lots of money into a system that has major holes with bandage work arounds.

If we hadn't invested so much time & money already, we would have dropped LightSpeed like a runny stinky dog poop bag. This has been a high priority for 3 years. It needs to be FIXED.

If you cannot talk directly to a person that can make changes, please let me know who we need to talk to.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 926 

@CarleyTUDS we are hopefully pulling our smaller subsidiary company off of Retail later this year. Hanging in there for the past 3 years has been a painful exercise. I'd respectfully say to consider the Sunk Cost Fallacy --> https://thedecisionlab.com/biases/the-sunk-cost-fallacy. 😀

• CarleyTUDSCarleyTUDS Member Posts: 15

@gregarican we are borderline. For our small company the scope of what would be a rebuild seems like Mount Everest.