label template

havelihomehavelihome Member Posts: 2

I was advised by light speed to contact a company by the name of Acuumuli to make the code for the new template

They returned my call - and they say they do not do this work???? Not sure why lightspeed recommended them?

8 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @havelihome

I've checked-in with our Accumula support team and confirmed with them that there have been some customization done in the past on certain labels or receipts, but this is no longer offered by them as a service since it was never a primary service offered, to begin with.

I've noted your feedback and will make sure that the information gets circulated. Thanks for the heads up!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Patrick1234Patrick1234 Member Posts: 13

so who should we contact to get this basic coding done?

why it isnt customizable out of the box is a mystery

• dhicksdhicks Member Posts: 12

It should have been 'Advision'...I have been talking with them about updating the label template, POS sales receipt and the account statement...to update the formatting of these templates.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @Patrick1234

There are some customizations that can be done without the need to contact a coding firm.

If your account does not already have the module, please call in to support, but if you go into Settings, on the very bottom-right there will be an option called Print Templates.

You can use the Customizing Print Templates article for further information and some basic customized templates you can use.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

Thank you Vanessa

Ive gone through that and made a simple label but I cannot customise it correctly.

I am now trying to teach myself some basic css

Prob not the right forum but I dont know who else to ask ... its an IT/coding question. Re formatting the labels

The print template calls up the css style guide on the LS server.

Can i make it call a style guide on my server?

I cant seem to get it to do it, am I barking up a wrong tree?

Otherwise I am having to make commands re the style of my labels that override the LS style guide ... is this right?

Label design.

...well that was a journey into the unknown.

Luckily I had a bit of time and was able to do an online css course and made myself a print template that suits our business. Fingers crossed - I did it!

In the end I can see how simple it could be.

I think it would take an experienced programmer less than a day to make an elegant interface into which LS users could input basic commands to design their own labels. It's incomprehensible these kind of features are shunted to the back of the to-do list.

Now for the receipt....

i spoke too soon. when i try to connect to computer with the receipt printer it goes squiffy.

back to the coding board.

this sucks