Zebra ZD410

shsealeyshsealey Member Posts: 1

This is essentially the worst part of retail on Lightspeed. 95% of the time the printer does not connect, can't be found. Sometimes I can unplug the printer, and plug it back in, but most of the time that does not work. So I have to uninstall the BrowserPrint, reinstall it. Then hope that the printer connects. Most recently it's enough of a problem, I have to reboot my Mac, then install Browser Print, in order to printer labels.

This has become a daily problem for me. Anyone else having this issue on their Mac??

5 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 539 moderator

Hey @shsealey

I know there are other discussions regarding this within the community, to start, so I might be repeating myself here, but that's ok!

Often, people have some trouble with the unit when they attempt to print and it constantly asks them to re-download the application. It's caused by the web browser having booted off the Zebra Browser Print certificates and no longer recgnizing them as "safe" since they're made by a private company. If this is the case, here are some practices we suggest attempting in case it's an easy fix for you! Hopefully it helps you save some time.

1) What browser are you using? It seems silly but, in case you normally print labels while using Firefox or Google Chrome, please make sure you're using that browser at the moment you attempt a print job. We also would like to point out that Safari or Internet Explorer are not considered supported browsers and you may need to switch to the above options mentioned for it to work proper)

2) Make sure the Browser Print App is enabled. If you're working on a Mac, on the top-right of your screen will be your app tray. If you see the zebra head at the top (which you don't in my case), make sure to launch the app. 

On Windows, because it is different, the app tray is at the bottom-right of your screen, often hidden by a little " ^ " icon. Click the icon and check if the browser print zebra head icon is present. (it is in my case) If not, please launch the app.

3) If after launching the app you still see the request to re-download the app, click the Check Again link in blue and click the Local host link. 

This will bring you to an "insecure" website. Please bypass this by clicking the ADVANCED button, then the Proceed to LocalHost link underlined at the bottom of the page. 

You may get asked for permissions, if so, please click the YES button on the boxes that pop up and try again! 

Here is a link to our Support Page on Setting up the Zebra ZD410 on a computer with Zebra Browser Print for additional help and images that you might find useful.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• alamodealamode Member Posts: 5

I find the ZD410 goes into "sleep mode" but just refuses to reconnect after it wakes. I have reverted to using my very very old "incompatible" zebra label printers (without browser print) and although I have to make some alignment adjustments from time to time, I know its going to print when I tell it to print.

• ceo2beceo2be Member Posts: 13

Also having non-stop issue with this on our mac's.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 539 moderator

Hey @ceo2be & @alamode

We are aware that the printer can go to sleep and force you to power it down and back on if you want it to be detected by the Browser Print software.

We are currently working on being able to connect the printer in another way but this is still in the works.

Thank you for your feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• TropicalBlueTropicalBlue Member Posts: 1

Typically, one solution is repeatedly restarting everything:

1-Quit Zebra,

2-Unplug printer,

3-Log out & restarting Lightspeed

4-Restart printer, computer, Lightspeed etc

I was relieved to see Shsealey's comment the Zebra 410 is the weak link in Lightspeed. The comment reassured me I was not alone. It's the primary reason to call Lightspeed support for help. After 3 yrs of Lightspeed and no end in sight for the relentless sporadic glitch the printer fails to function has pushed me to consider other POS systems. But, it's user friendly in so many ways. Unfortunately, the level of digital expertise for typical retail sales available help is readily overwhelmed reading instructions to resolve the issue.

Thank you, Vanessa, for the detailed instructions with snapshots to resolve.

Resolving this "black hole" is a high priority. As shop owners' it's not unusual to get cell calls whenever you are away attempting to walk employees thru a solution.

Per Lightspeed Support, emailed Oct 2020, the recommended model number for printing from a USB connection through a computer is the ZD41022-D01M00EZ.

Currently, Lightspeed HELP simply recommends the Zebra 410, but no specifications for exactly which model.