End of Day / Weekly / Monthly Sales Report

Natalie_G888Natalie_G888 Member Posts: 36 ✭

I'm looking for help with some very BASIC reports.

I find it completely absurd that one cannot customize or summarize reports in Retail.

With OnSite, I was able to generate any report I wanted including the very basic weekly and monthly reports with just the information I required . Why can't I do the equivalent in Retail? At a glance, it had all the information I needed.

What I am looking for is a summarized report which includes payment method and a sales total for the week (including tax)

The only thing I have found in Retail is the Rollout-Up Reports - Payment Method which is fine, but again it does not generate a Sales Total for you. So I then have to go to Reports - Totals - pick the date range and generate another report only in this one there is no way to summarize it so I have every invoice created for that week or month with the subtotal, taxes and total with tax at the bottom. I don't need every transaction in my report, I just need totals for my reports. I don't think this is too much to ask for?

And what does Retail have against showing totals with tax in reports? It should.

@VanessaD: Do you have any suggestions on how to create the type of reports that I need?

Please help

Answers

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @Natalie_G888

Currently, to get both the total and the payment types, there's no native report within Retail that will give you both, as I'm sure you're already aware.

There are alternatives, which would be to export the Totals and the Payments received reports, then combine them from within your spreadsheet software.

Another alternative would be to work with Analytics, which gives you the ability to bring together these values into 1 customized report, which can be sent on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Natalie_G888Natalie_G888 Member Posts: 36 ✭

Another disappointment. I was given Analytics for a year to try out. To be honest, I am having a hard enough time adjusting to Retail and when I tried to come up with something in Analytics I had no clue what I was doing. Can someone help me with generating this very simple and basic report?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @Natalie_G888

Here's a guide on creating a basic report in Analytics. I suggest following it step by step since there are a lot of steps overall and it's easier to play with when you're in the environment.

To create a basic report in Analytics, start by going to the login portal, and open a session

Navigate to the Shopping cart-icon and click it, from there go to the Reports section. (This will create a Sales/inventory report. You can use the other sections for Employee Performance (the people icon) and Marketing (the page icon) which focus on employee sales and projection calculators for marketing purposes , in that order.

This will show you a list of existing basic reports. use the model that's closest to what you need. 

Using the base Recent Sales report model, click the View Report button and it will redirect you to the report-builder tool. 

To the left, you'll have searchable dimensions and filters you can add to the report based on need. To the right, a visualization of the dimensions at the bottom and the available filters with additional customizable options. 

Let's build a quick report with the following metrics : 

Dimensions:  System ID of items sold Sale Line Total  Completed date 

Filters: 

Completed date: within the last completed month 

(note: There's 2 different Completed Date options, either Completed days/months/years etc or simply Days/months/years etc.

If you select Week, by example, & have the report sent to you on Wednesday April 27th, it will send the last 7 days, so April 20th-April 27th inclusively.

For clarification, if you selected a Completed week and had the report scheduled to be sent to you each Wednesday April 28th, it will send you the last time an entire Sunday-Saturday cycle was completed, so the week of April 18th-24th.)

Using the search box on the left-hand side of the report, you can search for what you wish to add to your report, so I started by searching for the item System ID and hovered my mouse over to be offered to add it in as either a Pivot or Filter. 

There's a 3rd way of adding this as a dimension, simply click on the name of the dimension. This will add this field into the report.

After running the report for the last 1 completed month with the system ID as a dimension, it added a new column. 

You can keep adding dimensions by searching and clicking. 

Once you have all the dimensions and/or filters necessary you can then run your report and save as!

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)