Lightspeed retail is lacking a solid promotion functionality

shia1shia1 Member Posts: 6

I have three store locations using lightspeed retail as my pos and I have different promotions that we’re offering in each of the locations and different offerings for different products. There should be a feature to make promotions and promotions rules as well promotion codes that could be scanned in checkout for easy application.

3 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 788 moderator
    edited April 2021

Hey @shia1

Thanks for your interest! I promise this is something we are working on and are aware that merchants need this kind of offers since it helps bring in customers and helps boost efficiency.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• shia1shia1 Member Posts: 6

Hi,

Is there any update on this since we last spoke? I know Vend has been acquired since and they have a great promotion feature, if you can just copy that would be great..

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 788 moderator
    edited November 2021

Hey @shia1

There was a feature added called Discount Rules which allows for the creation of automated discounts for multi-buying promotions. With both Discounts and Price Rules, you can apply a location filter, however when a discount (percentage or fixed value) is created in one location, it will be shared with all the store locations.

For more information regarding Discount Rules you can check out the following docs on our Help Centre:

About Discount Rules

Creating Discount Rules

Archiving Discount Rules

Duplicating Discount Rules

Create Tiered Discount Rules

Creating Buy One Get One (BOGO) Discount Rules

Refunding items that are part of a Discount Rule

If you do not see the Discount Rules option within Retail, please contact our support team so we can add it to your account.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)