Underwhelmed by Retail v OnSite

MrDarcyMrDarcy Member Posts: 16

I was such a light speed fan - I’ve had on site for almost 15 years. I loved the product. I referred so many of my friends and business colleagues to the product.

Blindly I switched to retail.

What a massive disappointment.

This work flow of this system (especially purchasing and inventory management) is so clumsy.

I know I’m still new to retail but I was able to learn on-site within minutes (as was my staff) it was so intuitive.

Another disappointment is the retail reporting features (its terribly basic in comparison to on-site). We had a custom report that told me the daily sales by supplier and by item description. We used this daily report to drive purchasing. It’s such a basic business need but this is overlooked by Retail.

The migration process has also been messed up by Doosync. Our POs don’t include a cost price because our products don’t have Vendor ID so we need to manually adjust this on thousands of products. My old sales data is yet to be migrated across from On Site and the communication with Doosync has been none existent so I don’t know what is still being added.

All in all - I say bring back ON SITE please.

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator
    edited April 28

Hey @MrDarcy

Thanks for taking the time to notify us of these, I've poked our Doosync team and got some information regarding your sales data and vendor ID migrations. Looks like your Sales data migration was finalized on april 27th 2021 and the data is available via your reporting.

Regarding the Vendor IDs, I do see that a lot of your products have the vendor ID, but this also correlates with you mentionning that you were manually adding them. However, the data we've received is the data that was migrated over to retail, so if those items were created after the migration or did not include the vendor ID in the spreadsheet for the migration, they won't appear in the item card.

Another thing to note, is that the vendor ID and the vendor cost won't appear in the PO unless the vendor of that PO matches the ID's vendor

ex.

To assure that this product appears with the vendor ID in a PO, the vendor on the PO would need to be Make Me Iconic.

Hope this clarifies things! If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate.

Post edited by VanessaD on

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• MrDarcyMrDarcy Member Posts: 16

Thanks Vanessa,

We did a PO with products that were all created prior to the 27th migration amd the costs don’t appear on the PO. See order 5. Really disappointed with this and the instructions for creating a PO are not very helpful.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator

Hey @MrDarcy

I see that the product in PO 5 already has a vendor ID, probably added after you noticed that it did not pull, but there's no way for us to investigate if the product had a vendor ID or not prior to having added it.

If this happens again, feel free to call support without fixing it first so we can properly investigate.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)