How to customize the main menu

launchpadlaunchpad Member Posts: 8

I'm trying to figure out how to customize the main menu. I want to have certain pages and certain categories in the main navigation but it seems that it is just putting everything in the menu. Looks really messy, I tried editing the default menu but it doesn't seem to do anything. This stuff is dead simple on any other platform so I feel like I have to be missing something.

3 comments

• launchpadlaunchpad Member Posts: 8

To elaborate I am looking to do this

Home, about, services, parts, bikes, contact

(parts and bikes are categories)

I have it setup this way on the default menu.

What I'm actually getting is

Home, In store, Bikes, Parts, Podcasts, Brands, Home, Contact, About, Services, Parts, Bikes

So it seems like it's adding categories then adding the default menu (not in the correct order I might add)

I see this snippet of code

<ul>

{# the order of endraw & raw tags is intentional, if you change the order the page will break #}

{% for link in shop.links.main %}

<li>

<a href="{{ link.url | url }}" title="{{ link.title }}"{% if link.new_window %} target="_blank"{% endif %}>

{{ link.title }}

</a>

</li>

{% endfor %}

</ul>

I'm guessing the {% for link in shop.links.main %} is adding all the categories by default.

Home, In store, Bikes, Parts, Podcasts, Brands, Home, Contact, About, Services, Parts, Bikes

So it seems like it's adding categories then adding the default menu (not in the correct order I might add)

<ul>

{# the order of endraw & raw tags is intentional, if you change the order the page will break #}

<li>

<a href="{{ link.url | url }}" title="{{ link.title }}"{% if link.new_window %} target="_blank"{% endif %}>

{{ link.title }}

</a>

</li>

{% endfor %}

</ul>

I'm guessing the {% for link in shop.links.main %} is adding the

<ul>

<li>

{{ link.title }}

</a>

</li>

{% endfor %}

</ul>

I'm guessing the {% for link in shop.links.main %} is adding the categories.

I tried looking in the header file but I see nothing that looks like this code.