Removing Brand from Description on Packing Slip

Medalta_HCDMedalta_HCD Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm having a problem with eCom Packing Slips. The problem I'm having is that on the Packing Slips the product description is Brand + Product Title. The customer doesn't need to see the Brand. It's not helpful to them and in many cases the Brand is already in the Product Title. This means our Packing Slips look like, "Hycroft China Hycroft Teacup". See, redundate

We have Brands associated with our products, which we need on the Retail side for reporting, but it has been a majoy nuisance in eCom. Since Brands are managed on the Retail side, you can't remove a Brand just on the eCom side.

I've tried to edit the Shipment template, the product description is completely removed. Lightspeed support has tried to edit the template too and wasn't able to fix it.

Help!

Tags:

4 comments

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hi @Medalta_HCD ,

If your shop has access to the Content Templates feature you can remove the Brand from the product's title on the Shipment template by following these steps:

Go to Design > Content Templates > Shipment Template and locate the following code around line 100:

<strong> {{ product.name }}</strong><br>

Replace it with the following line of code:

<strong>{{ product.name | replace({(product.brand): ''}) }}</strong>

Hope this helps!

Geanny

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 56 ✭

@Geanny we are having the same issue but with the brand name already being in the title, and when a customer adds the item to cart or views the cart it displays "Brand Brand Product Title". Is there a similar fix that would work for that issue?

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hi @AzT ,

As of now, there is no way to completely disable it.

We have a feature request to give merchants more control over their brands. I will make sure to tag this support ticket so that we can document your feedback. However, there is no ETA as to when or if this will be implemented.

I am only tagging this ticket to the requests for documentation purposes only. As more merchants request these features, their priority will change as well as the chance of implementation.

Geanny

• PastryDepotPastryDepot Member Posts: 2

How do you request this feature so that we can change it's priority level?

I am also having issues with my eCom notification invoice emails that show the order [[details]]. This [[details]] section is not editable so I am getting duplicate brand name and SKU's on my emails.

Another solution may be to simple add "Brand" as a column in Retail inventory. This would allow us to remove the brand from the product title