FEATURE REQUEST - Add a PARK feature to Sales

JayCJayC Member Posts: 1

LightSpeed OnSite had a critical feature that allowed us to "Park" a sale if the customer suddenly walked away for a minute and another customer wanted to check out. We simply clicked a button and the parked sale disappeared and became an icon on the lower left of the screen. Immediately we were ready to enter a new sale for the second customer.

Later on we could just click that parked sale and it was ready to complete and check out.

Any one who runs a store knows you HAVE to have this feature. Things move fast in our store and sometimes we have two or three parked sales. We need to be responsive and not clicking around the screen trying to find the other invoice.

With Retail, your support said I have to interrupt the first sale by doing a "New Sale". Then afterwards I have to search in "Reports -> All Transactions" and then stumble around to try and find the unprocessed sale I was working on. That is horrible and clumsy.

Simply put, add a button on LightSpeed Retail that is Labeled "Park" and have the current sale put aside in a cue where I can immediately pull it back up.

3 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 881 moderator

Hi @JayC

Thank you for contacting us.

You don't have to go to Reports->all transactions, simply click on sales and you'll see the Sales that are in progress, just click on the cart icon and resume the sale.

I hope this helps.

• TFloraTFlora Member Posts: 2

Hi, new to Lightspeed this week.

I would like to add to this request.

Is there a way to delete the in progress sale? It is truly a housekeeping issue.

• matchatimegiftshopmatchatimegiftshop Member Posts: 1

@ By TFlora,

Are you using the web version or the iPad app?

In the iPad app, you can select the "Sales" icon along the bottom edge of the screen and then pick any transaction from there. You can also view "All Sales," "Completed," or "In Progress."

If you find in progress sales, just select each and then on the right side panel, scroll down and select "Cancel Sale" to cancel and delete it.

They may still show up in the Sales History screen, but at least they're not really hanging around out there.

HTH

-Derek