Loyalty Customer Phone Number

schroedersgiftsschroedersgifts Member Posts: 4

It seems a little absurd to me that if a customer signed up with loyalty needs to change their phone number we have to archive the customer & re-enroll them. While this doesn't take long to do, just seems like it should take one step to change the enrolled phone number to a different number.

4 comments

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hi @schroedersgifts ,

There is a feature request for this. I will make sure to create and tag a support ticket so that we can document your feedback. However, there is no ETA as to when or if this will be implemented.

I am only tagging this ticket to the request for documentation purposes only. As more merchants request these features, their priority will change as well as the chance of implementation.

Geanny

• mysticvalleymysticvalley Member Posts: 1

I agree that there should be a way to change the customer's phone number and/or email in Retail and have it automatically update in Loyalty. That means you have to create a customer in Retail, archive the old account in Retail, then check the points from the original account in Loyalty and after enrolling them in Loyalty, you have to manually add their points. Is this really correct?

• OwlandOctopusOwlandOctopus Member Posts: 1

As someone who is going through this personally, if I come across an account that won't allow me to change my phone number/email easily, I drop the account. There are too many accounts we all belong to, and the more difficult it is to make these updates, the more likely we are to lose customers.

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hi @OwlandOctopus ,

I've created an internal ticket to include your shop in the feature request.

However, am only tagging this ticket to the requests for documentation purposes only. As more merchants request these features, their priority will change as well as the chance of implementation.

Geanny