API BUG: Updating the Web Extras -> Custom JavaScript through API doesn't update on the website

bspeetsbspeets Member Posts: 6
edited May 27 in Development

Reporting an API bug (reported it a year ago, but still has not been fixed)

When you update the Web Extras -> JavaScript through the API, it only updates in the Admin, not on the actual website. After personal debugging I found it to be a Lightspeed caching issue. Considering every other API method updates the cache, the fix should be simple.

I'd like to be updated when the bug is fixed. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Ali_MasoumieAli_Masoumie Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 183 moderator

Hi,

I have created a ticket for Support and have attached the case to your ticket so that you will get notified when there is an update on this.

• bspeetsbspeets Member Posts: 6

Thanks. What would be a good estimate of when we can expect the fix?

• Ali_MasoumieAli_Masoumie Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 183 moderator

I do not have an ETA but whenever there is an update on this, our Support agent will notify you. In the meanwhile, you can reach out to Support and have the cache cleared when needed.

I'm assuming it's ending up to be an incredibly hard and time consuming bug to fix?

Is there any ETA on this yet?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 926 moderator

Hi @bspeets,

Unfortunately, there is still no ETA for this. What my colleague said already, the support agent will follow up with you, when there is news about this issue.

Sorry for this inconvenience.