Print Gift Receipts before the sale is paid for...

BEVVBEVV Member Posts: 9

I need to be able to print gift receipts before a customer is finished shopping - for example - our customers will pick out a few things for gifts - we get right to wrapping while the customer continues to shop - that way when the customer checks out everything is wrapped & ready to go.

How do I achieve this? As far as I can tell - I can only print a gift receipt for a sales that has been paid for ?

Also- I let people put things on account - now I understand I have to put it on "Layaway" - how do I print a gift receipt for something on layaway?

This changes how we conduct business - Onsite is great Retail has so many limitations. I am hoping to learn some "work arounds".

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @BEVV

Gift receipts will only be available once you complete the sale, however, you could always place the items as a quote on the customer's profile, it'll give you an estimate of the cost and once the customer is ready to pay, migrate the quote into a sale and print out the official gift receipt.

Thank you for your feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)