Remove the words "Refund Receipt" from a store credit receipt.

BEVVBEVV Member Posts: 9

Retail confuses the definition of REFUND - a refund is when a customer is given back the same form of payment - with a store credit - when an item is returned & a customer is given that $ value as a credit to be used for a future purchase.

When I issue a store credit the receipt says: REFUND RECEIPT - which is not true. It is not a REFUND.

I think that this is a legal issue and is contrary to sound, honest business practices.

How do I remove the work REFUND please?

Post edited by VanessaD on

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 706 moderator

Hey @BEVV

Thank you for sharing this. We appreciate your point of view!

For the sake of clarification, Retail was concieved that if inventory is returned, it's considered a 'refund' and the payment type (Account) categorizes the method used to issue the credit.

You could consider custom-coding it off of the receipt by going to Settings -> Print templates and hopefully other merchants who are familiar with this can assist! You can also consult custom-coding firms for assistance with this.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• BEVVBEVV Member Posts: 9

Hi Vanessa-

Thank you for the response. I do not understand Lightspeed's interpretation of a commonly accepted business term - the word Refund is defined as a repayment - which is very different from a store credit. See below from the dictionary.

re·fund

verb

/rəˈfənd,ˈrēˌfənd/

1. pay back (money), typically to a customer who is not satisfied with goods or services bought.

noun

/ˈrēˌfənd/

1. a repayment of a sum of money, typically to a dissatisfied customer.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 706 moderator

Hey @BEVV

Thanks for the clarification!

Since the Credit Account fits into the Payment Types section of retail, it qualifies as a "sum of money". Of course, we understand that you want to ensure that there are no legal ramafications so you could always consider custom-coding the differences in terms into the receipt!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)