apostrophe in customer names

carmsandcarmsand Member Posts: 2

When entering Customers that contain apostrophe's in the name, it is very difficult to find them in the system. We often times have to spell the name of the company differently than how it is originally entered. If we are still unable to find them, we sometimes have to go through pages of customers to find the correct account that we are in searching.

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @carmsand

I ran a test in my account and was able to locate the customer name with or without the apostrophe, so for us to properly investigate, please call in to support so we can determine if this is expected or not, and if there's a fix!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• xbgwmrxbgwmr Member Posts: 9

@VanessaD

That's odd. I just tried one of ours as well and the customer doesn't appear if you leave out the apostrophe.

Another thing I've noticed is searching works weird for customers. Many times I can't search the second word, like I have "United Church" and "Moravian Church" and I can't search "Church", but then sometimes it does work like I have a bunch of "<name> Construction" accounts and they all show up when I search "Construction"

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 643 moderator

Hey @xbgwmr

This is possible, as the search engine will often break the space down as another search request rather than stacking it, often disallowing the search of a 2nd/last name. There are threads on the community discussing it for further information, or you could always call in so we can walk you through it!

You could also consider clearing your browser cache and seeing if that helps! (be mindful this will log you out and you'll need your password to log in again)

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)