Cash Drawer Log???

mburdmburd Member Posts: 2

It seems unbelievable that there is not an ability to pull a report to see what user entered their number to open any cash drawer, for any reason (especially to see if a user who has the privileges is being used by another employee) for any given time period. Is there any way to make this happen?

3 comments

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 77 moderator

Hello Mburd,

We do indeed have an open feature request to be able to report on cash-drawer opening. I will create a case for you and attach it to the request.

Best regards,

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

• FlowFlow Member Posts: 7

Hi Mburb,

Sorry to disappoint you, but Lightspeed is very slow on rolling out these "open feature requests". Even the ones that would seems critical to business owners when it comes to security.

There are quite a few of these security features that are simply missing. One that frustrates me on a day to day use basis is the inability to set permissions on discounts. As a business owner, if I want to have the option to COMP a bill or items on a bill, it is available to ALL staff.

Another basic feature which I know is not a priority to their US customers, is the ability to accept foreign currencies as a payment type directly in the POS. So if a customer is paying in Euro for example, we have to go to a separate calculator to do the calculations. And if we have new employee who has no idea what exchange rate to use, it slows down service so much.

Fingers crossed we get some update in this area soon.

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 77 moderator
    edited July 6

Hi Robert,

Alas with regards to the cash drawer logging, I've gotten the following response:

"Thank you for reaching out to the Lightspeed Support team. Our Product team is aware of that request, but due to other priorities they likely won’t build this feature in the short term."

This is because being able to open the cash drawer via Extra>Open Cash Drawer is already controlled by the "Allow open cash drawers by the Extra menu" role.

Flow, with regards to limiting discounts, these are still open and we are assessing there.

Best regards,

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599