Update default cost

Sai7856Sai7856 Member Posts: 19
edited June 30 in Tutorials

Hi,

I need to update the default cost in lightspeed POS through API, I am using below json but price is updating and default cost is not updating can anyone help on this?

{

"description":"Test Description",

"defaultCost":"56.00",

"Prices": {

"ItemPrice": [

{

"amount":"69.99",

"useTypeID": "1",

"useType": "Default"

},

{

"amount": "69.99",

"useTypeID": "2",

"useType": "MSRP"

}

]

}

}

Post edited by VD_LS on

3 comments

• kimberlykimberly Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue with this as well. This way was working before and now the default cost is not updating.

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 940 moderator

Hi @Sai7856 and @kimberly,

Thank you for contacting us.

I see you're sending it as a string. You'll need to send it as a float or integer, like:

I hope this helps.

• paulsonbenpaulsonben Member Posts: 1

Hi @LucienVersendaal ,

I've tried your provided solution, and our API flow seems to run successfully, however when checking the one product that was updated successfully by the flow, it seems the default cost field is still at the same value it was before running the flow.

At this time we are able to update that field via a CSV Import, however this would need to be done periodically and cannot be automated in a flow like what we are trying to do.

Can you please check into this and let us know if there's something that may be required in order to get this field updated correctly?

Thanks,

Ben P.