SLOW PAYMENT TERMINAL

kirakirakirakira Member Posts: 18

PAYMENT TERMINAL BECOME EXTRMELY SLOW WITH MY HIGH SPEED 300MB INTERNET.

WHAT IS GOING ON!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FIXED THIS ASAP

5 comments

• ALloydALloyd Member Posts: 20

Two days in a row now for TriPOS terminals. My advice . . . get a Square reader and an Android tablet for such times. Run every sale as CASH in LS, run the card on the square reader and tease it all out at the end of the day. Any register you do that on will be short on "cash" for the day . . . but at least you don't have to inconvenience customers.

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 55 ✭

The status page says they're investigating a TriPOS issue. https://status.lightspeedhq.com/ Scroll down on that page to see info on the issues from yesterday.

• ALloydALloyd Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2021

I don't think it's an issue with TriPOS. . . Check out their status page here: http://status.transactiongateway.com/

The fact that they had a connectivity issue earlier today for fifteen or so minutes, the gateway for the payments is not working AND the Home page (dashboard) of their site has been firing off "unexpected errors" and "unauthorized access" errors all day today tells me that it was a huge shopping day ahead of the holiday weekend and for whatever reason, LS wasn't prepared to scale operations for the demand. Just a (well educated) hunch.

BTW -- that status page is the first thing I look at on my phone or tablet when I roll out of bed in the morning. It's also one of the default tabs that the browsers on my registers open so that cashiers can see what the status is . . . .though we typically know of problems before they get posted there.

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 55 ✭

FWIW we haven't been having any payment issues with TSYS/Cayan. /knock on wood

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Thank you so much for taking the time to note it.

There was a period of time where transactions for merchants using TriPOS were timing out due to taking too long to go through, but this was resolved on Friday afternoon.

You can always consult the Status page for more, we usually update it as soon as we know something is happening.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)