Slow terminals AGAIN today - TriPOS

ALloydALloyd Member Posts: 20

My cashiers just let me know that our TriPOS terminals are again slow for a THIRD DAY in a row! Taking up to 60 seconds before activating at 10:30 a.m. Mountain Time. Anyone else seeing this? I have opened a chat with LS regarding this as well.

6 comments

• luckymtcluckymtc Member Posts: 1

We have been having the same issue since 9:30 am PST (day 3 as well)

This very frustrating, looking into whether I could use square somehow for emergency back up we are crazy busy and this is hard on staff to manually enter cards. Customers are annoyed waiting.

• ALloydALloyd Member Posts: 20

We have a Square account and have used it the past three days. Ring up the sale in LS as cash . . . run the payment on an android tablet or something like that in Square. If you have multiple registers, just use it on one register and print a duplicate receipt. At the end of the day, that register will be $XXX.XX short of cash, and the total of all receipts should be the same number.

Not great . . . but at least you don't inconvenience customers.

From the LS status page:

"Lightspeed Payments

Incident resolved. After monitoring, we can now confirm that transaction times have returned to normal and this incident is now resolved."

The word RESOLVED means that something was done to keep this from happening again. Simply waiting for a surge in sales to subside and things to go back to normal isn't resolving the problem.

What was done to keep this from happening again . . . for three days in a row?!? Dax, are you listening?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @ALloydAlan,

Yes, there was an incident where TriPOS was taking longer than usual processing payments, causing them to time out. Since this was managed by TriPOS, we coordinated with them to get things up and running as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of running transactions and can recommend discussing this with your account manager, in case you'd consider trying something like the Stripe Lightspeed Payments service.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

@VanessaD I'd love to talk to someone about that, and I was told by one of Lightspeed's help desk people that my account rep's name is Sarah Shehadeh. I e-mailed her regarding Lightspeed Payments as we are currently shopping for a better a better rate . . . . and now, a more reliable service.

I e-mailed her on June 30 and resent on July 2. So far, I have heard nothing.

The e-mail I used: [email protected]

Could you please ask her to respond? She can respond to my e-mail or call me on my cell number, which was included in my query.

Thanks,

Alan Lloyd

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey Alan,

Ther was an email that went out yesterday, the 6th of July, that was sent to your @creaturecomfortsdurango.com email. Your AM is definitely the right path to take to discuss these kinds of things.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)