FIX BROKEN CUSTOMER PHONE SEARCH!!! DO IT NOW!!!

Al_CycleworldAl_Cycleworld Member Posts: 16
edited July 10 in Feedback

CUSTOMER PHONE SEARCH IS BROKEN!

Even though I'd given up on ever coming back here due to what used to be visible on the ideas.lightspeed.com site. Not surprising they removed it given it showed the complete ineptitude of Lightspeed to actually fix anything. Obvious things that needed fixing sat there completely neglected for over five years with hundreds of votes. All I can conclude is that Lightspeed has actually fired all of it's real developers and only has cheap inexperienced developers that can barely fix anything, so we get to suffer and pay them for the privilege.

I figure this is such a glaringly obvious issue that impacts every single user of the system that there's no way they can deny they need to fix it immediately. Though we'll see how we go people. Let me tell you I won't be holding my breath..

Please tell me why when trying to find a Customer by their phone number it must be entered using the exact same format it was created in..?

e.g. The standard mobile number format here in AU is 'xxxx xxx xxx'.

The ONLY way I can find the number is if I enter EXACTLY 'xxxx xxx xxx'.

Try any other variation such as 'xxxxxxxxxx', or 'xxxx xxxxxx', or 'xxxxxxx xxx', or 'xxxxxxxxx' and apparently the customer doesn't exist!

So what happens...

Staff member goes and creates a duplicate customer. Great.

Lightspeed will say: "That's not an issue, you can just merge the records."

I say: "It is a bloody massive issue." When we've got other SaaS products connected via API trying to bring in our Customer records and it winds up being a complete shit show!

Not to mention, the complete waste of time this causes for the operation of the business every time it deals with that customer again.

Also not to mention, why the hell should I have to waste my time fixing something that absolutely should not be an issue in the first place.

I will say again.

FIX IT!

NOW!

If there are still any developers, whatever they're working on that is apparently more important than this has been for the past however many years.

IT IS NOT!

THIS SHOULD BE AT THE VERY TOP OF YOUR LIST!

Post edited by Al_Cycleworld on

.. The alien does not concern itself with the opinion of humans ..

FIX BROKEN CUSTOMER PHONE SEARCH!!! DO IT NOW!!! 7 votes

How about for once Lightspeed developers actually fix something!
85%
bovioveldworkerAl_CycleworldDStevensamatthShootersshed 6 votes
Nah, we love using crappy systems that don't work.
14%
TcNursery 1 vote

9 comments

• JamesSBBJamesSBB Member Posts: 11

I completely agree with you at an overall level - bug fixing and issue resolution is pretty poor.

WRT your specific issue though - it was the same in OnSite - so we just don't use spaces in phone numbers when they're being input.

• Al_CycleworldAl_Cycleworld Member Posts: 16
    edited July 10

ok, I'm coming off another POS solution that was thoroughly nailed down in this regard. You could put in numbers however you liked and the search could find exactly what you were after. They'll just delete the name if I post it though..

It honestly beggars belief that it has never been fixed when it's so simple to resolve. Is it really that hard to apply some format rules to a form, or strip out spaces from both query and data when searching..? 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

This is what leads me to believe they don't actually have any capable developers any more, or why else wouldn't it be fixed in a matter of days..?

I have a sneaking suspicion that they've realised MechantOS they bought to make 'Retail Web' is a dog that can never be properly fixed so they're not going to support it properly and hope everyone either leaves or suffers in silence..

Better take a screen capture of my original post, because no doubt once the moderators find it they're going to redact the hell out of it to hide the company's ineptitude..

• JamesSBBJamesSBB Member Posts: 11

Mate, Post Code is a mandatory field! If you can't apply a mask to that field based on country what hope is there for a phone number. It is the little things...

Like I said, I've given up on them.

It's only that I'm certain that every single Retail Web user uses phone number to find their customers every single day that I think if there's something that causes pain for 100% of their user base they might possibly flip a coin to see if they can be bothered fixing it..

There's loads of other issues I had hoped to be able to work with them to fix when I was a naive new user, now I know better and won't even bother trying..

It is a sad outcome that we have to resort to such extreme communication to try and get them to fix their own product, and obviously reflects a horrible corporate culture.

Thanks @Lightspeed @Lightspeed Team for yet again ignoring a glaringly blatant issue..

It's good to know that even when you force us to the point of having to publicly shame you, you still don't care about making your product work for your customers.

I guess them sweet API commissions are just so good we don't matter huh...

• amatthamatth Member Posts: 11

Merging the records literally dropped previously finished workorders from a customers record.

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 103 
    edited July 26

Try having a product called 30-30Win....

You can't search"30-30"

If it doesn't have the full word, it can't find it.

No bad when its a $3,500 product that my staff member tells a customer we didn't have thus missing the sale!!!!!!

All of the search algorithms are messed up

edited July 26

ok, so looks like I should have made this "FIX ALL SEARCH".

This is just so bloody pathetic that they leave their product in this broken condition..

Absolutely disgraceful given we're paying substantially more for this system than we were for our previous one where everything worked correctly..

👎️😔

• Natalie_G888Natalie_G888 Member Posts: 33 ✭

Search is absolutely atrocious!