Receive many response: 6014; nested exception is com.jmango.threesixty.seoshop.SeoShopException

JMango360JMango360 Member Posts: 14
edited August 2021 in Apps & Integrations

Hi Lightspeed,

We are providing an app solution for a customer who is using Lightspeed webshop. The shop ID is 615003.

Recently, we received many response with the error log as below. It leaded to the issue that users sometimes cannot use the app.

I/O error on GET request for "https://api.shoplightspeed.com/us/checkouts/15323823.json": 6014; nested exception is com.jmango.threesixty.seoshop.SeoShopException: 6014

I checked the log of the last 7 days (from July 5th to July 11nd) and see that on July 10th, the number of request fails was raised up suddenly.

I understand that Lightspeed will response this error when our number of call has exceeded the API rate limits. But, it seems to not be the cause of this case. The below capture shows the number of call from us of this shop daily in the last 7 days:

As you can see, the most calls are on July 10th and we have sent around 8k hits in total. The X-RateLimit-Limit of this shop is: 300/3000/12000.

I went deeper to check the number of call per hour and per 5 mins on July 10th and see the result below:

• Per hour:

• I pick the most peak hour of 15:00 to see and the number of call per minute as below:

=> Overall, I think we have not exceeded the API Rate Limit. It might be something else. Could you let us know what is the cause?

Below is an example of a API request which got the issue:

--> [GET] https://api.shoplightspeed.com/us/checkouts/15323823.json?&checkout_id=15323823

Authorization : Basic YTI0...

Accept : */*

User-Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.85 Safari/537.36 JM360/1.0.0

Accept-Language : us

Content-Type : application/json

X-Powered-By : JM360-Server

<-- 0 ms [-1] 

I/O error on GET request for "https://api.shoplightspeed.com/us/checkouts/15323823.json": 6014; nested exception is com.jmango.threesixty.seoshop.SeoShopException: 6014
Post edited by VD_LS on

3 comments

• JMango360JMango360 Member Posts: 14

Hi Lightspeed team,

We now have another customer who has the same issue. Sometimes, consumers still cannot use the app because exceeding the API limits. The Shop ID is 611681. I would like to ask:

• I check the API rate limit of the shop right now and see the really weird thing below. The remaining limit by day is '-264' but we keep hitting the Lightspeed API okay. No problem.
    • We count all the requests from our server to Lightspeed since the last 10 days and see this. There are 5,754 hits in total while the rate limit per day of this shop is 12000 hits.

Please your support.

• JMango360JMango360 Member Posts: 14

Hi Lightspeed team,

I also do the research the number of requests from JMango360 to Lightspeed of the store ID 611681 following by 5 mins and 60 mins during the time users cannot use the app because of API Rate Limit issue. The result is below:

• Total requests per 5 mins:

• Total requests per 60 mins:

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 991 moderator

Hi @JMango360,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've reached out to you with via mail.