Feature Request - Inventory Adjustment Notes

crowncigarscrowncigars Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I would like a feature to be added under Inventory>Items>select item>Inventory to where any adjustment made (either added or removed) have a feature to add a note as to why the product is being manually added or removed. This was a feature in Lightspeed Onsite that was very useful for tracking shrinkage on products and being able to identify theft easier. Also was able to run a report on any manual inventory adjustment and sort it by notes so if there is a major shrinkage problem, it can be easy to find and handled.

5 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @crowncigars

Thanks for the feedback! Alternatively, you can use Vendor Returns which include a "return reason" drop-down that you can customize by creating custom-reason codes as well as a notes section where you can put additional details.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• SethMSethM Member Posts: 90 ✭

I would also like to see notes/ reason options when manually changing the inventory.

• CCFS_ZachCCFS_Zach Member Posts: 32 ✭

I would like to see this feature as well. 👍

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 64 

I'll jump in on this one too. The recommendation to use Vendor Returns is not an ideal resolution to this.

On another note, that Inventory Adjustments exist without the ability to report on the cost/value of the adjustments made over a period of time makes it almost worthless. There's no way to report or account for the COGS on adjusted inventory.

• ch_baucomch_baucom Member Posts: 11

Agree 100%!!! This feature (notes/ reason options when manually changing the inventory) is definitely needed.